Think about Installing Carbon Monoxide Detectors in Your Home

Indianapolis Handyman Service  317-602-2362

Indianapolis Handyman Service 317-602-2362

Are you aware that carbon monoxide detectors save lives? Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an odorless, invisible, and extremely dangerous in large amounts. It can literally kill humans and animals within minutes in large-enough doses. This is why it is vital for all homes and buildings to have properly installed carbon monoxide detectors for superior protection and safeguarding. Don’t risk the safety of your children, loved ones, guests, pets, and more. Take preventative action by purchasing and installing high-quality CO detectors in your home or office. Save your life and the life of another with one simple precaution.

Carbon Monoxide Detectors

These detectors alert home and property owners in the case of an emergency. Without even realizing it, people create atmospheres for carbon monoxide on a regular basis. This is because anywhere gas, oil, charcoal, kerosene, or wood is burned, carbon monoxide will be present. Homes with fireplaces, barbecues, or appliances that use these examples of fuel can be prone to carbon monoxide manifestation.

Appliances that use kerosene, oil, or charcoal require regular care and maintenance to ensure they are properly functioning and safe to use. Without professional inspection and routine care, a home with such appliances can be vulnerable to carbon monoxide poisoning. It can discreetly be released into the surrounding environment and unknowingly consumed by humans and pets. One way to protect your family from accidents involving poisonous gases is to install a carbon monoxide detector for emergencies.

A person can experience dizziness, blurred vision, nausea, headaches, and confusion if over-exposed to carbon monoxide gas. The degree of each symptom will vary from mild to severe depending on the amount of contact. Although some symptoms may be minor, CO poisoning can have lasting effects on the body. Its symptoms are so closely similar to the common cold or flu that the illnesses is often misdiagnosed and overlooked. This makes carbon monoxide poisoning even more dangerous because it is not caught in time due to an incorrect diagnosis.

If a person is demonstrating any signs or indications of CO poisoning, be sure to get the person outside in fresh air; and then call emergency medical services or bring them to the emergency room immediately. Go back into the home or building and open all windows and doors. Turn on as many fans as you can find and circulate fresh uncontaminated air in, and contaminated air out. Also, be sure all combustion appliances are powered off. Once these measures are taken, leave the house and call professionals to investigate the scene and approve it safe again.

Professional Indoor Air Quality Inspections

Call a licensed professional to provide comprehensive carbon monoxide inspections and appliance maintenance and care to ensure your home’s safety. Receive free estimates and information regarding carbon monoxide prevention strategies and more. A professional can answer your questions about safe indoor air quality and protection. They can point you in the right direction when it comes to buying a carbon monoxide detector for your home or office.

Indianapolis Handyman Services

Home Repair Service 317-602-2362

Building Repairs and Remodeling
317-602-2362

Call Restoration By L&B LLC at 317-454-3612 for Indianapolis home handyman services at competitive prices. Owner and general contractor, Lee Elliot, is happy to answer all your questions about home remodel planning, prices, and process. And don’t forget; we guarantee to BEAT any prices quoted by our competition!

This entry was posted in Home Remodeling and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.